1) What is a carol? Look up the word in your English dictionary.
2) When is a carol usually sung? Do you know any Christmas carols in your own language? And in English?
3) The full title of the story that you are going to read is A Christmas Carol in Prose. What does this suggest to you? Can you think of the reason/s for Dickens’ choice?
4) The story is divided into five chapters. Each of them is called stave, which can be translated as strofa. In your opinion, what is the relationship between the title and the five staves?
5) Christmas is one of the most important British festivals. What do you know about the Christmas tradition in Britain?